Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward to Cellphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoWI

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2005
US
CS1000 rls 3
We do allow forwarding to cellphones and in most cases it works fine. The 1 problem is if the cellphone goes unanswered the celluar voicemail system doesn't answer the call in answer mode. Instead it asks for the your number. This happens if the main number is sent out as the clid only, if the DID is sent it works. Also external calls work.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it. Steven Wright

Cell phone forwarding is one of those "thorns" that unfortunately we have to live with. Luckily, ACD or Symp/CC provide usable workarounds for what should be a simple issue of CFXA.

I was experiencing the same issue. Did the ACD and it worked properly. Now that the work around is fixed, what would cause something that was working quite normally for several years to just stop working one day and for only this user?

While in the testing processing the extension was successfully forwarded to other cell phones without issue. I could dial the attendant ask for the extension and get connected to different cell phones correctly but as soon as I forwarded the extension to the users cell it wouldn't work. I also disu and enlu the tn to try and fix with no joy. I compared cls with other users who are working corectly and cls is correct. How do I fix this?

TIA

I found the answer to this lies with the cell company. There is something with our main number when they get that as the clid.Other cell companies don't have this problem. And it is not a problem if we change the clid.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it. Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back