Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward to cell phone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp61616

Technical User
Jun 16, 2005
US
Need some advice here. We use a 6 digit code to go to LD, and be tracked by our accounting software. In a couple of cases, we change the TGAR and NCOS so that no code is required - that way, calls can be forwarded to a cell phone (for security officers). Professors on my campus want voice mail, which we don't currently have. Can I set things up so that they can forward their calls to their cells and still track them with a LD code? That way they could forward their calls to their cells, and get messages that way. Any ideas?

If you set the RDR_DATA to OPT CFF, then the Prof's phone NCOS/TGAR will be used to determine whether or not a code is required in the CFW scenario

For details about Call Forward External, start here:

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

OK, I obviously don't know what I am doing here. The previous administration had left CXFA, TGAR 3, NCOS 3, and then put in the forward to the cell without a LD code. In other words, that phone could call China and we would never know. This is used on just a couple of security phones. Students dial a 4 digit campus number, that bounces to a cell. However, there is no record of the bounce since no LD code was required to get to the cell.

On all other calls, NCOS 1 and TGAR 1, users have to dial a 6 digit code to get LD. Then our phone accounting software can track the call. What I am looking for here is a way that I can set the call forward to 24 digits, let them punch in 1-6-xxxxxx (code) then -8-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx to their cell. That way, they can leave their offices and have their calls forwarded to their cells. If I just change the NCOS and the TGAR, that will work, but then they don't have to dial a code period from their desk, ever. ???? Is this even possible? All I want is for them to be able to forward their offices to their cells - but still restrict them from dialing LD without a code from their desk. Does the call forward even matter, since the person calling would pay the charges? Or would the school pay from the school to the cell? Confused here - big time.

Trust me, the school pays, because the call to the cell is going out your lines.

If it were me, I would just be experimenting to see if you can get it to go from your phone. I think you might be stuck though

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

GHTrout !

Man what a website bud, nicely done. I sent the link to your resource site to my friends, there's alot of information there bud. Thank you for all your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back