Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward to another line then to voicemail of the first linet

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanzo

Vendor
Jan 21, 2010
MX
I have a situation where I need the following:
1. call comes to a phone where it rings.
2. if phone is not answered or busy it is forwarded to another phone (secretary).
3. if the second phone doesn't answer or busy then have it return to the first phone's (Boss) voice mail.

Is this possible? Please let me know.

Here is one setting you can look at and try, assumming you are using "Unity Connection"

system settings/advanced/conversations

uncheck the box for "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call"
save

hope this helps

I have CUCM 7.1 and Unity 7.1, and I can´t find advanced/conversations, at Unity 7.1 where can I find this option?

I found the option you are telling me Watchdovr and I have this check box unchecked, should I check it?

it should be unchecked.
If you check it, when the call gets forwarded, the caller will go to the voicemail the call was forwarded to and this sounds like what is happening for you now.
This is a system wide change when you check this.
We use the * plus the ext to go directly into voice mail with the feature checked we were no longer able to do this.
we have our box unchecked now and the caller will go back to the ext that has their phone forwarded.
I am attaching the information I recieved from Cisco TAC about this problem.
I hope one of these other alternatives help you
1-)
This can be done as you mentioned, either clusterwide (will affect any other similar setup).
The link below is for Unity Connection (Linux based). However, this setting exists for Unity Windows as well and it behaves exactly the same on both versions.
By default, Unity uses the first redirecting ID to route the calls:
in Table 11-4 Conversation Configuration Page, look for:
“Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call”
2-)
The other option can be done into the specific configuration you use by setting up a routing rule based on the Phone A’s extension to send the calls to the phone B. however, this has one “but”, it will be that the Phone A’s extension will nor be able to have a Voicemail box for itself. Since the routing rule will route all the calls to phone B.
This is the link that explains it:
3-)
Or there is another one that is not very recommended. That is use Phone B’s extension an alternate extension in phone A for unity to send the calls to the correct VM box. If Phone A needs a Voicemail box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back