Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward/redirect email to an external account

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamove

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2003
CA
Hi,

When users setup rule wizard in outlook xp to forward / redirect message to an external account, it doesn't work. However, it works for internal account? The exchange 2000 is pretty much basic setup, any ideas?

Thanks

F

You can enable / disable auto-forwarding on the server side. Yours must be off. You can check it on your System Manager:

First Organization (Exchange) / Global Settings / Internet Message Formats

In the right pane, right-click on Default, then on the Advanced tab.

Make sure "Allow out of office responses" is checked. You can modify other auto-forwards and replies from there also.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Oops.. in your case, it would be "Allow automatic forwards" or "Allow automatic replies" depending on how your rule is setup.

And I forgot Properties on the right-click of the Default section... geez.. must be time to go home...

I was able to do it by first setting up a contact for the external account. Then, I set the Exchange account to forward and selected the contact.

Steve

As long as you have a contact in the Global address book for the address you want to forwad to, you should be all set.

On the server side you go to the users profile in AD U/C (making sure you selected vied/Advanced Features of course)
Go to the Exchange General Tab select the Delivery Options button click the radio button under FORWARDING ADDRESS that says FORWARD TO click MODIFY and select the contact address from the Global Address Book.

You should have no issue with this -- -we do it all the time for contractors here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back