Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward one extension to another extension's vmail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2002
US
Hi all!

How can I forward one extension (4622) to another extension's (4626) vmail in G3 Prologix rel 6? I am able to forward calls to 4626, but they want the call to go to 4626's vmail if they do not answer.

Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

no

but u can make all calls permanently to go to anothers' mailbox using the ' change auto routing' screen in the voicemail.

Da-vi'do

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u.

We have a similar situation but as calls can only be forwarded once it may be an idea to use a coverage path.

Our station has a coverage path to the other extension number which does have voicemail and calls do go there if not answered.

Or the coverage path could go to a vdn then vector which has a messaging skill step....
"messaging skill xx for extension 4626" where xx is the hunt group for your Audix.

Hope this helps.

Hi Da-vi'do and TykeUK,

Thanks for the advice!

Da-vi'do, I tried setting up the auto-attd routing and it doesn't work. I am pasting the aa routing table setup:
Incoming Called Busi Hol Day Night Alternate
Number Schd Schd Serv Serv Service
Mailbox Mailbox Mailbox
4626 bus1 4622 4622 4622

TykeUK, I have already tried cov paths, forwarding and praying to to telecom gods, but vmail still will not answer. And they have Prologix rel 6 no vector capability.

Thanks! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Swap the numbers in the auto attdt routing table so 4622 is the called number and the mailboxes are 4626

Ok sorry, I didn't update you on the latest. 4622 is back from vacation and 4626 is going. Now they want 4626 to go to 4622's vmail box.

And the cover path for 4626 goes directly to the hunt group for voicemail?

Maybe you could just send the call to remote coverage point? The DID of extension 4266?

It will take up two trunk ports, yes, but it will end up in voicemail eventually.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

The best thing to do for a temporary fix is this, wipe out the mailbox for 4626. Change subscriber 4622 and add 4626 as a secondary extension on subscriber 4622. This will cause all calls going to 4626 to go into the mailbox of 4622. The annoying thing is that they will have to record a greeting for their mailbox, 4626, when they get back. But it's not the end of the world. Remember, you can never ever cover to a cover!

Rob

OK, this is the strangest thing. After setting up the extensions in aa routing, it didn't work. We tried having 4626 forwarded to 4622 while the definitions were in aa routing, didn't work, just kept ringing. Today, it works. I left all of the programming in the aa routing, didn't change a thing (except she removed the call forwarding) and today when I tested 4626, it rang 4 times and went to 4622's vmail. But it wasn't ringing on 4622's phone first. I had 4626 fwd to 4622 and it rang on her phone and after 5 rings went to 4622's vmail. It worked!

I guess because it is an older switch, it needed some time to think about it.

Thanks for your help everyone!!!! You are greatly appreciated!!!

This is a wastefull solution but it should be fine if it is temporary and these are DID's. If you want 4626 to got to the VM of 4622 Forward the 4626 to the full 10 digit number. Example forward 4626 to 9 xxx xxx 4622. It works like that on my switch and I'm a version 10.

Well for that matter - if they are not going to answer -you could just change the incoming number in the trunk group (if its DID) - intercept the 4 digits being sent down the line of "4622" - strip them and replace them with "4626".

You would just need to make sure you removed this from the trunk group before the person came back.

if you have a siwtch with vectoring enabled you can build a vdn with a vector. in this vector you say messaging split XX for extension XX

If you are using Audix for your voicemail.
Change the user Mailbox to an auto attendant (the one on vacation).
Set the auto attendant to transfer to the other station on timeout and set the time to 0 or 1.

This way when a call goes to the station it will go to audix and be transfered to the covering station and with it being transfered it will then recieve the covering stations coverage treatment.

Forward the call to a vdn and have the vdn route to the number you want to answer. Since it goes to a route to step it will follow the coverage path of the routed to number.

Bobg1 (TechnicalUser)
that will only work if u have a link(as opposed to mode code integration) and on page three of 'change syste features' in the intuity u must have it set to 'cover yes'. Otherwise it will just ring the station and never go to coverage.

Da-vi'do

P.S. A message to all,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back