Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward no Answer to External Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaGeek2

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
US
Instead of rolling to VM, I would like the forward no answer to go to a cell phone.

I *could* build a dummy ACD with the night ring set to the external number I think, but I am just wondering if there is an easier way to do this?

TIA!
-A

not an easier way to do that, maxp 1 acd is 4 commands and 30 seconds.. you may need to use a soft set rcfw to that so that you can assign an ncos, depending on several switch settings

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

OK. The ACD trick works.

I made an ACD at dn 403 which night ring forwards to the cell phone just fine.

I am trying to do this with lets say dn 336

However, when I change my HUNT TO and CALL Forward NA to 403, after 4 rings there is a "stutter ring" and the 336 dn just keeps ringing.

Doing the HUNT TO and Call FWD NA through OTM so maybe I should do this from the CLI?

What commands should I examine?

Thanks again, you guys rock!
-A

cls cfxa (call forward external allowed)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the response.
I have cfxa on and still no go.

OTM has a field for External Call Forward no Answer but when I add 403 or put in the external number it does not "take". That is, after I enter it and click ok, if I go back to the form it is gone.

I have ran into this before with OTM and I usually get around it by manually entering the info at the CLI.

So I guess my question is what is the CLI command to set the external Call Forward NA number?

Thanks again!

ld 20
chg
4 0 0 1
echg yep
cls cfxa
fdn 9434xxxx (any outside number)
rcfw 1234 (you have to assing a password to that to use remote call forward)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back