Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward messages to certain mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhidalgo

MIS
Jun 13, 2001
US
is it possible to have exchange forward a copy of an email from a certain sender to an admin mailbox without having to set a rule on every users Mailbox.
i would like to get a copy of the message now matter who it is sent to.

Nick

Journaling.

Turn it on - on the stores. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

How exactly do i do that. I'm Fairly new to exchange.

Thanks for the help

Nick

Q261173 (How to Enable the "Message Journaling" Function for an Exchange 2000 Mailbox Store)

Thanks for the reply, but won't this save a copy of every message sent on the info store.

Nick

GO into the system Manager, expand Administrative Groups, expand down to your server and then you information store. Right click and go to properties. then check the box that says archive all messages for this store. Then pick the account to archive them to.

Have Fun.

Rob

Yes that will save a copy of every message sent or recieved from the specified store, I see your trying to do it on only one box, I'm not sure on how to do this but I'm sure if you created a seperate store and moved only that one mailbox into it journaling would work fine ...lol 01110000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back