Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward mail with unresolved recipient to mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

francisdela

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
GB
Hi all

I'm trying to find an easy way in Exchange 2003 to forward all mail with unresolved recipients to an internal mailbox. I have read through KB315631 which seems to only apply to Exchange 2000 up to Servic pack3, so i am hoping that there is an easier way than that to do it on Exchange 2003 as i know nothing about VBscripts.

Any help would be much appreciated.

The way suggested by the KB article should work for 2003.

The shortcut that you are looking for is to set the "Send copy of Non-Delivery Report to:" option on the same tab in the SMTP virtual server. The NDR will contain the original message and the name of the unknown recipient.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Thanks for the reply, i think i tried that but instead of giving me the copy of the mail it only seemed to give me the NDR, i'll try again though.

You have to open the NDR and choose the "Send Again" button. That will open the original email.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Excellent, thanks for that, not complicated at all yet i've been looking for third party software, vbscripts and all sorts of other unneeded actions. you've saved me a lot of time.

I was sure i had done this with exchange 2000 and it showed you the mail message as part of the NDR that was why i was confused with why 2003 didn't do the same, but maybe i'm just getting old and senile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back