Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward line to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

walfredo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2011
US
Hello,
I have m7310 handsets. The software version is 30NdG04 and I have a callpilot.

When the caller calls the main line, line 1 rings, then line 2 if another call comes in, etc. Once the main line in the hunt group is rang the 8th time, it goes to the intercom, then the 9th call would get a busy signal.

I'd like to start distributing the real phone numbers for line 6, 7, and 8. When someone calls the phone number associated with line 6, 7, or 8, I'd like it to ring 5 times then go to voicemail for mailbox 333. Is this possible?

Sorry, I'm sure I'm leaving off some pertinent piece of info, please let me know.

walfredo said:
When someone calls the phone number associated with line 6, 7, or 8, I'd like it to ring 5 times then go to voicemail for mailbox 333. Is this possible?

With your current setup, when lines 1 through 5 are in use, a caller who dials the main line number ends up on line 6. If you plan to use lines 6, 7 and 8 for a different purpose, you may want to ask your telco to remove hunting on those lines.

Having that said, it is certainly possible to send unanswered calls on lines 6, 7 and 8 to mailbox 333. One thing you can do is assign lines 6, 7 and 8 to a hunt group that overflows to CallPilot after 30 seconds. You will also need to set the hunt group DN as the primary Extension or as an Alternate Extension for mailbox 333.

walfredo said:
Sorry, I'm sure I'm leaving off some pertinent piece of info, please let me know.

When it comes to setting up voicemail, there are many settings that can override or have precedence over the others. So, to avoid conflicts, it would be useful to know everything about mailbox 333 and lines 6, 7 and 8.

Mailbox 333
Is it the mailbox for extension 333?
Which lines are assigned to ring on extension 333?
How are Forward No Answer and Forward on Busy configured for extension 333?

Lines 6, 7 and 8
Are these lines automatically answered by CallPilot (Automated Attendant or Custom Call Routing)?
Are these lines assigned to ring on any extension? If so, which ones?
Which extension is the prime set for these lines?

Miscellaneous
Is the Delayed Ring Transfer feature turned on on your system?

Thanks. At first when you asked those questions, I felt overwhelmed, but I actually can answer them I think. yay.

Mailbox 333
Is it the mailbox for extension 333? Yes. Well, not yet, but it will be.
Which lines are assigned to ring on extension 333? All lines
How are Forward No Answer and Forward on Busy configured for extension 333? Both are Fwd to:None

Lines 6, 7 and 8
Are these lines automatically answered by CallPilot (Automated Attendant or Custom Call Routing)? Our callpilot doesn't do any answering that I know of. Calls come straight in.
Are these lines assigned to ring on any extension? If so, which ones? I think all lines ring on all extensions.
Which extension is the prime set for these lines? Extension 300 I believe.

Miscellaneous
Is the Delayed Ring Transfer feature turned on on your system? DRT to prime is Y, DRT delay is 4. Don't know what this means though.

walfredo said:
At first when you asked those questions, I felt overwhelmed, but I actually can answer them I think. yay.

That's great! We'll be able to give you advice without having to guess whether it will work in your setup.

Let's start with the basics.

Unanswered calls on lines 6, 7 and 8 will end up in mailbox 333 if all of the following are met:
[ol 1]
[li]Mailbox 333 is assigned to extension 333.[/li]
[li]Lines 6, 7 and 8 are assigned to ring on extension 333.[/li]
[li]Extension 333 is configured to forward its calls to CallPilot on no answer.[/li]
[/ol]

With this basic setup, there are a few things to be aware of.

All the lines that are assigned to ring on extension 333 will end up in mailbox 333. This includes lines 6, 7 and 8, but also lines 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. If you don't want lines 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 to end up in mailbox 333, you will have to change them so they don't ring on extension 333.

If the other extensions are programmed like extension 333 (for example, they have their own mailbox assigned to them, lines 6, 7, and 8 are assigned to ring on them and they are configured to forward their calls to CallPilot on no answer), lines 6, 7 and 8 can end up in the mailbox of any of those extension. If you don't want lines 6, 7 and 8 to end up in varied mailboxes, you will have to program the other extensions differently: either without a mailbox, without lines 6, 7 and 8 assigned to ring or without Forward No Answer.

The basic setup may not be flexible enough for your needs. As you can see, it sends calls to a mailbox based on the extension on which they ring. I think you are rather looking for a solution that would send calls to a mailbox based on the line on which they are coming in. It is possible (using hunt groups), but it requires more programming. It also changes the way users handle calls. Would you be interested?

walfredo said:
DRT to prime is Y, DRT delay is 4. Don't know what this means though.

DRT makes unanswered calls ring the prime set after a given number of rings. In your case, if a call goes unanswered, extension 300 will start ringing after 4 rings.

This feature can be used to send unanswered calls into the general delivery mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back