Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward from Cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaGeek2

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
US
Interesting question:

Option 11C, Call Pilot, Succession 1000M.

I would like to have my user's cell phones forward to their call pilot voice mail instead of their cell phone voice mail, thus giving them a unified mailbox.

OK. So typically, I can set the cell phones to forward to the DID number of the desk phone. Ring Ring -> voicemail.

All is good.

BUT

I have some users that forward their deskphone to their cellphone when out of the office. Obvious loop.

I have toyed around with creating a second DID on key 1 and forward the calls to the 2nd DID. However, I would want that DID to also point to the same mailbox as Key 0.

So, I guess my question would be, CAN I have 2 different DIDs point to the same mailbox?

Or can someone see a better solution to this problem???

TIA!
-Aaron

To answer your question: YES. Use the Extension DN field on the mailbox of the first DN, and add the Second DN. This will allow calls from BOTH DN's to terminate in the same mailbox.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

another angle that might work, add sfa to the set and allow the loop, test one that way to see if the call forwards to mail then forwards back to the call pilot.. with pri trunking that should work. of course the 7 or 10 digit dn of the cell would need to be a secondary dn on the mailbox

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Scott: That works perfectly.

John: I like your solution because I don't have to burn a DID. However, It doesn't seem to work here.

I have SFA and I have added the cell number to the mailbox DN.

When the cell phone kicks back to the original DN, I get a (Just a normal busy, not a reorder or fast busy...) busy signal.

Thanks guys!
-Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back