Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward from Auto Attendant using SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfil13

Programmer
Aug 17, 2012
GB
Hi,

We have a setup which has the ICR pointing to an Auto Attendant, one of the buttons transfers the call to a huntgroup, the HG has one user in and set to sequential. The user account is set to forward unconditional with huntgroup calls.

The calls are via SIP and the sip details have been filled in on the user and HG.

If i call the HG via a DDI it forwards fine, if i call the AA via the ICR i get the below logging.
I cannot see what is causing it to not pass the correct SIP number and instead its left with p@
We have another AA that transfer to a user via the options and with the forwarding on it works correctly.

17/08/12 13:24:28-172ms Call Ref = 5, Short Code Matched = System, ?
17/08/12 13:24:28-177ms Call Ref = 5, Alerting, Line = 17, Channel = 2
17/08/12 13:24:28-181ms Line = 17, Channel = 2, SIP Message = Invite, Call Ref = 5, Direction = From Switch, From = p@uk.ic.sipconnect.hipcom.co.uk, To = testnumber@uk.ic.sipconnect.hipcom.co.uk
17/08/12 13:24:28-181ms Call Ref = 5, Originator State = Connected Blind, Type = Trunk, Destination State = Alerting, Type = Target List
17/08/12 13:24:28-203ms Line = 17, Channel = 2, SIP Message = Response, Call Ref = 5, Direction = To Switch, From = p@uk.ic.sipconnect.hipcom.co.uk, To = testnumber@uk.ic.sipconnect.hipcom.co.uk, Response = 100 Trying
17/08/12 13:24:28-207ms Line = 17, Channel = 2, SIP Message = Response, Call Ref = 5, Direction = To Switch, From = p@uk.ic.sipconnect.hipcom.co.uk, To = testnumber@uk.ic.sipconnect.hipcom.co.uk, Response = 604 Does Not Exist Anywhere
17/08/12 13:24:28-209ms Line = 17, Channel = 2, SIP Message = Ack, Call Ref = 5, Direction = From Switch, From = p@uk.ic.sipconnect.hipcom.co.uk, To = testnumber@uk.ic.sipconnect.hipcom.co.uk

Any ideas?

Do you have a URI setup only for "Use internal data" or do you also use one set to "Use credentials user name"? I suspect as it's matching a system shortcode it's using a URI that isn't sending the correct information :)

We have 'use internal data' for the first line then another line with * * *

Thanks

I would add another (even just for testing) and set those fields to "Use credentials user name" with it's own outgoing line group, then create a shortcode speifically to match the number you are forwarding to and set it to dial out that URI, if that works it isn't matching the User or groups SIP settings and that's why it was failing :)

Hi,

I created the new URI as suggested, created a new ARS the same as the originally SIP ARS but using the new outgoing group ID.

On the user account under shortcode i set the line group to the test ARS but it does the same.

Thanks

Add an URI at the sip settings on the voicemail tab.
I guess there is no URI set there.
That is why you get a "604 Does Not Exist Anywhere"

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Ive now entered the same settings from a user account from the SIP tab to the Voicemail tab sip settings but i get the same logging with the 604

Thanks

Hi,

After the weekend and a few coffees it tweaked what you were trying to get at amriddle01, i created the shortcode to match the number im trying to forward to and it worked fine.

It seems that AA to HG to User then forward to external does not pass on the credentials from the user or group.

I setup a test with ICR to Phantom user, Phantom user forward all to Shortcode, Shortcode to call AA, AA to transfer to HG to User, forward etc but still no change.

Cheers

Sorry meant to say ICR to HG to Phantom user, to AA etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back