Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward Error: "Could not open one or more attachments"

Status
Not open for further replies.

burden010

Technical User
Feb 8, 2005
GB
We work on a solitary 5.5 server sitting on Win2000 Server (soon to be upgraded). One of our users highlighted a small, yet highly annoying, issue with a common mailbox used by the Sales Dept.

All users have their own mailbox but there is a common mailbox which is also used by all sales users. They have both mailboxes viewable in Outlook 2003 (all updates applied). When they try to forward an e-mail with an attachment from the common mailbox the error "Could not open one or more attachments" appears. They are then able to forward the message and the attachment is present at the receivers end.

As I said, it's not major, it only happens with this additional mailbox but it's damn annoying.

I've actually tried opening Outlook with just this mailbox and it works fine forwarding from there... but when I use my own mailbox as an addition, I get the same issue with that. Very odd.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone help me with this? I've been trying to find a solution for DAYS now. it only happens when forwarding from an additional mailbox.

Is this an Outlook problem rather than Exchange?

I think this is an Outlook issue and may have something to do with Temporary files. Go to this Registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security\OutlookSecureTempFolder

and change the value from:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLDK6\

To:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Then reboot and try again.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried this though and it is still behaving in the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back