Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward Engineering code

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheu

MIS
Sep 29, 2006
US
Hello,
Am currently using VS2002 and have just installed Visio Pro 2003 and am wondering if it's possible to have Visio write code from UML.

Things I've seen online suggest that must be using the Enterprise version of VS and to an extent am wanting to confirm.

For example I understand the UML to CODE tool with Viso resides in the UML dropdown menu however, that option doesn't appear to be available.

Finally, our team will be migrating to VS2005 pro and I assume I'm still out of luck if the Enterprise version of VS is still required...

Thanks!

You do need the Enterprise Architect for writting DDL scripts or directly Forward Engineering.

The latest version OF EA comes with VS2005 Pro but only the version through the MSDN subscription. I'm looking into this myself. The page I saw on MS was a bit vague. Not sure why nobody has answered this. If I find out for sure, I'll post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back