Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward email

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezinz28

Technical User
Sep 4, 2002
US
Group,

I can I forward new emails to multiple recipents? I know I can create an agent "After new Mail Arrives" but it is not reliable. Is this true? If so how can I accomplish the above question.

Thank you,
Steve

Steve,

Question : what version of Notes are you working on ?

New Mail agents are quite reliable, but there are a few things you have to know to make it work.
First, to maximize your chances, you need to write the agent in Script. Before doing that, ensure that you have the right to run automatic agents on your mail server (ask your admin and explain why). Once that is sorted out, you can start coding the agent.
This article on Notes Net gives a good overview of what you need to be aware of :

Good luck,

Pascal.

I have Lotus 5.0.9. Thank you for the reply
Steve

Steve,

Just thought I'd add that we are using agents to forward to multple receps & works reliably (provided allowed as pointed out by Pascal)

Mail comes from Unix systems thru smtp to one mailbox whereby one of many (maybe 30-40) agents decides where to forward based on subject field. It also archives off to seperate db then deletes (commands used - 1] mail to XXX with copy of doc 2] copy doc to xxx.nsf 3] delete)

Only thing I would add is that we have these agents triggered to run every time new mail arrives. If this poses resource issue - consider changing trigger to timed (eg every hour) to act on new docs in db.

Also consider refering to intended recepients by mailing group docs rather than hard coded in agent - makes changes easier (u cant search for names within agents but can find in groups easy)

Steve

Another thing that works well is to create a mailing list database and make that the mail in database. There is no coding for this.

Leo L'Homme, PCLP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back