Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward calls to mailbox on dummy ACD queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcutler

Technical User
Jan 18, 2002
CA
Our office uses MeridianMail 13 on an Option 11.

One of our sales reps needs to be able to occasionally forward her phone (EXT 1666) to a voice mail box (ext 1555) that has been setup on a dummy ACD queue. Essentially, she needs to be able to pick which mailbox her calls will be sent to.

When she tries to forward the phone, she gets a fast busy.

Can anyone suggest a way to do this?

Thank you for your time.

Peter

When you are unable to Call Forward to an ACD Queue, it is usually MWC setting. The ACD queue needs to have MWC=YES Print or change in LD23.

However, the user cannot pick and choose what mailbox your calls land in. If this person has a mailbox 1666, then that is where all messages will go whenever they are forwarded to Mail...even if they forward to 1555.

The system selects a mailbox based on what the caller dialed, not where the called party is forwarded.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

I've been thinking about this some more...knowing that this is something a lot of people would like at times. I think I have a work-around...but it isn't that great.

In Rls 13 MerMail, there is a place to tell the system "send caller to revert number if TAG is recorded" The TAG is recorded by the user is 8-2-3. The Revert (Operator Assistance) number can be changed by the user with 8-0-1

You could set this users Revert number to 1555. Then from the terminal, program the mailbox to "Revert when TAG is Recorded"

Now if the user wants to use mailbox 1555, they record a TAG greeting like "The is Sally Jones, please stay on the line". If they want to use the regular mailbox 1666, they cancel the TAG greeting.

When the TAG greeting is active callers dialing 1666 will hear "The is Sally Jones, please stay on the line" followed by whatever greeting is recorded in mailbox 1555.

Thanks for the reply's.

I've checked with the rep, and she'd be happy just to be able to forward her line go to an announcement, rather than mail.

She actually want's to be able to change the message callers hear, rather than redirect her mail. I know she can re-record the message, but she'd rather avoid doing that if she can.

Is this possible?

Thanks again.

Peter.

Here's a good way to demonstrate.

-Forward your phone to voice mail.

-Forward her phone to your phone

-Dial her number.

-You get her mailbox each the time.

This is all by design. Think of this scenario: The president forwards to the secretary who in turn forwards to the copy clerk. You wouldn't want the copy clerk to be getting the voice mail messages intended for the president, and they won't.

I did some testing this morning and found you're exactly right. You get the mail for the DN you're calling.

So I guess the best (Only?) option is to change the message.

Thanks.

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back