Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward calls to external #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2005
US
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to forward all calls to a specific external # without using the Line Redirect feature. Our system is setup in "PBX mode", where lines do not appear on the sets. Therefore, we cannot redirect any lines. This is only for a particular person who works offsite at times, and would like to forward their calls from the Norstar to their home. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matthew

You can forward them using routing. The quality and function of the process is dependent on the software version and the type of lines you are using. The process has been explained in this forum a few times previously, so you can do a search for it.

One of the main factors is the type and number of lines you have. If you have a PRI and recent software, then it is no problem for your vendor to set it up. However, if you have only a few analog lines it is not that great due to decreased volume and the fact that every time it is forwarded, two of your lines will be used for the duration of the call.

If you have analog lines one thing you might want to look at for that user is off premise transfer using CO link/flash. You could set it up to be a transfer in the AA, or an option in his mailbox.

Lines are analog, no PRI here. System is a CICS 6.1, CP100, T7316E sets. Sorry for not posting that earlier. I may go the routing way, or the outbound xfer out the vmail box, just having an information greeting for that mbox. Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks again for the quick response.

- Matthew

I had a 6.0 MICS, inbound calls came in on 8 channels of a T1 and outbound are on 6 copper lines. I set up routing for local and long distance. Used the call forward feature and just put a 9 in front of the number. Call was routed everytime the extension waas called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back