Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward at day, mailbox at nigth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdrago

Technical User
Jan 14, 2008
PR
Hello there!
I'm really new to this Meridian thing, just 2 weeks working on it, so I hope someone with patience can help me :)

I want to know how can I configure forward for an extension during work hours, and mailbox for that same extension during nigth hours.

In other words, extension 6725 should forward to 6208 from 8:00 to 17:00. From 17:01 to 07:59 next day, it should forward to the mailbox of 6725.

I already new about MWA and setting the FDN 7000 for the mailbox (ext 7000 is our call pilot)... but i dont know how to change the FDN based on the work hours

Thanks in advance!

If you want calls to ring at x6725, then forward to 6208 during the day, and to voice mail at night, the easiest solution may be to create an application in CallPilot with DayOfWeek and TimeOfDay controls that will forward the call to x6208 during the specified time frame, and ExpressMessage to mailbox 6725 at night.

Wow! That really sounds complicated!!!

I was checking the Meridian PDFs and the is something called "Day Forward" and "Nigth Forward" (NCFW, not sure)... can these accomplish the same effect?

Not possible with the PBX only. You need this configured in CallPilot so the voicemail transfers to the correct Ext durring the specified times.

Ok, I will start reading about CallPilot applications then.
Thanks for the help!

The CallPilot application builder is a very easy to use program with drag and drop building blocks.

If you don't have access to it, call your vendor, and have them provide the correct version for your CallPilot.

The application described above would take about 5 minutes to build and implement.

Ok, I just open AppBuilder (for the first time in my life!)
- I create a new App, called 6725_test
- I have a "Begin / Start" block, surrounded by purple color
- I also have a bunch of blocks in the lower part of the screen, all connected
then...
I'm completly at a loss!!! :(

Is there any PDF around there I can read? Actually I am a developers so I think I can handle it, but some starting point will be great!

Thanks again!

Ok, I just looked at a HelpDesk application that was there in the CallPilot and I think I get the idea... only 2 questions:
1) How to deploy
2) Where do I specify that the DN this app is "binded" is 6725?

Thanks!

Is there some reason the user can't forward the phone?
when user leaves fort he night forward to vm pilot. when they get in in the morning unforward.

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

Also, this way you don't have anything hard coded and it can be changed just by forwarding to a different #.

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

You assign the DN to the application in the SDN table. It is under the system menu in CallPilot manager.

JcBWF, that exactly what I though... but the one asking for this is the CEO secretary :(

tnphoneman, thanks! I just take a look and found it under "Service Directory Number" in the "System menu"!

mmm... I have a problem here.

When the App starts it checks the hours of the day, lets say rigth now is 16:00 so the app will transfer to 6725. Now, how do I take back control of the flow if 6725 dosent answer to make the forward to 6208? Technically speaking, to app ended when the trasnfer to 6725 was done.

I was thinking that one posibility will be to dont associate 6725 to the app., then, when 6725 dosent answer force a FDN to xxxx and asociate xxx to the app, knowing in advance that 6725 havent answered the call and forward to voicemail or 6208 based on the time of the day.
It's my line of thinking correct?

Thanks in advance!

If the call is transferred to 6725, and 6725 does not answer, you will probably end up in the mailbox for 6725. I don't think the originally called number (6208) will be preserved through all stages of this call.

Once the CallPilot has transferred the call, the application ends, and the CallPilot cannot resume control of the call within the same application.

how many phones? and do you have a 2250 console that goes into nights at the right time?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

allenmac, that's rigth... so first I must leave 6725 to ring alone, then FDN to the CallPilot App and transfer based on the hour

johnpoole, what is a console? what is a 2250???

I think this is over his head.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back