Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward and delete emails in Outlook Express 6 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

witchblade

Programmer
Aug 1, 2001
US
I have to leave my laptop with another employee next week; much to my dismay. It has taken me all day just to remove all my work from the hard drive and back it up...

My next concern is with whatever emails come in next week from people that this employee should not have contact with.

I am able to set up a rule to forward emails, but I can't get it to forward, then delete the email so she never sees it. I don't know if this is possible. Any ideas?
[gorgeous]

can't she just create her own profile in outlook while you password your profile?

or do they have to use your email address?

~Shmoes

another way to prevent that from happening is to modify your email account info - remove your password!

without the password authentication the laptop will not recv emails.

set up an email account on the machine you want stuff forwarded to and then just get your emails there.

She has to use my email address. I'm so aggravated.
[mad]

NOT A GOOD POLICY

don't know all of the circumstances but this is a security and identity theft issue @ most places, unless it is a generic customer service type email address. if that is the case [noevil]

Rules work in order, you should simply be able to create multiple rules

rule #1 check on recieving if from ABC send to X
rule #2 check on recieving if from ABC Delete perm
rule #3 check on recieving if from DEF send to X
rule #4 check on recieving if from DEF Delete perm
rule #5 check on recieving if from GHI send to X
rule #6 check on recieving if from GHI Delete perm

Which outlook program do you use?

~Shmoes

Ready for this? Reason behind it is since I'm going to be on vacation, she gets to use my laptop. Great security, eh?

It's Microsoft Outlook 2002.

I'll test the multiple rule and see what happens.

THIS IS GOOD POLICY

have management set up the other person with their own email address on your laptop.

management should retain accountability for "who does what" when it comes to company assetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back