Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward ACD Agent calls Externally

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhiraman

Technical User
Aug 31, 2006
US
I have a ticket opened with UNIFY - I have been waiting all day.

I was wondering if anyone could guide me how to forward an ACD calls externally. I tried using Assistant to forward all external but the agent still gets the call on her line.

Remove the DNIT number and add it in as HUNT
Forward to the external in the HUNT

each agent will have to forward to an external number - would changing this mess up the queue that is in place. This is only temporary because our company may shutdown due to the virus.

It they can only for the DNIT to one telephone number. They are checking to see if it can be changed within Contact Center....

Coincidentally I will probably be doing a similar job tomorrow and will see how it's done then.

Make a test with:

CHANGE-ACDSD:TYPE=SYS,AGTFWD=YES;
CFU will be executed after expiry of timer CTIME/CP2/AGTFWD

The following HF must be activated simultaneously :

V6 R1.10.43
V6 R1.12.71
V6 R2.15.22
V6 R2.16.2
V7 R0.12.18

What you have to remember about ACD is that it does not matter what the number of the HOST phone is - it matters what number the agent logs in as. I have several "Float" phones in my system, and what call center the phone gets calls from is determined by what login ID the person uses. So those calls *are not* "personal calls" to that phone and they will not obey any forwarding or hunting rules that have anything to do with the base phone number. In this way an ACD call that is not answered will never end up at Voicemail, but if someone makes a Direct call to that person's phone (husband, daycare, etc) those calls can still go to voicemail if the phone is not answered because they are direct calls. It takes a bit to wrap your head around, but the ACD hangs on to the call, and if it's not answered it will pull it back and send it to someone else, or requeue the call.

If you want to implement ACD outside of your organization and your systems are not outfacing (normally should not be) then my suggestion is to roll out the Openscape Desktop Client and give the staff soft phones at home. This will typically require a VPN client for the home user. I am currently exploring if it is possible to install Openscape Desktop in a Virtual Desktop environment and then have the staff access the virtual desktop from home, but we are slammed and the tech resources I need to play with it are busy doing other things.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back