Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward 500 port at 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

cc75959

Programmer
Aug 19, 2004
US
How can I set a fax to fwd to another fax automatically at 6pm and then cancel at 6am nightly. The fax would need to remain forwarded on weekends as well.

do those time happen to match your att service? if the att works those hours, you can use night idc, very clean. other then that i would use a memu tod in mail to try and handle that time schedule. forward by time of day is not a normal switch function

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Look in the NTP's for Call Redirection by TOD (CRTOD). You can setup time of day, day of week, and Holidays. To print existing setup go to ld 21 and PRT, RDR. Look in LD 15 to change current settings.

I am not familiar with ATT service. What load/command can I view ATT. What load/commands administer night IDC? Thanks For the help!

Go to LD 21 and at REQ PRT, TYPE ATT. This is the same LD used to PRT type RDB then enter route number when prompted. The IDC's are built in LD 49, and assigned to the RDB in LD 16. Does your ATT use a Console or just a phone to answer calls?

I have printed the ATT and Now I know the att dn. The faxes in question are dids, not trunks. Is this still do-able??

When you print the DID RDB in LD 21 Look for the IDC prompt. Where the asterick is is the active table. If you have an Attendant that goes into nite mode at 6pm then put the DID number you want to convert in a table and assign that table to the nit idc table. When the Att goes to nite mode then that table will be active.

ld 49
new
idc
dcno 5
1234 3333

new
idc
dcno 6
1234 4444

if you go to the did route and enter

IDC YES
DCNO 5
NDNO 6

in this example, day mode (att in service) if the co sends 1234, it rings 3333, when the att goes home, it rings 4444. that is how idc works, if the att schedule is works for the time requirements, it works.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Does the ATT have to be setup on a console? We do not have any consoles. I found a way to do it with MMail voice menus and TOD table-very tedious.

tod's are very simple, after the first few, without a console your switch is in nights.. when you prt the rdb, look at the 2 prompts below idc, that is the only way i know to tell if your switch is in day or night.. you will see a * at the prompt, either day or night

Code:
IDC  no
DCNO 
NDNO *

switch is in nights. if you need hints on MM tod, let us know

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

The simplest way for time cf is using Call redirection by TOD
Ref to NTP 553-3001-306
Using IDC and ATT is messey for one Fax extn.

i use idc for almost everything, it's a 12 second change, and i can list all idc tables with one command. i would use call re by tod or the mail tod, depending on what options i wanted. idc by tod is perfect and quick and clean if you have a console

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back