Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward 1 Mailbox to Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

prflash

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
I am new to the Call-Pilot world and have only been doing simple task such as resetting passwords, adding mailboxes to the D-list, etc.etc.... How do I forward a mailbox to leave messages in another mailbox??

Prflash

prflash,
Is this something your trying to do temporarily or permanently?

one option is to add an Extension DN to the mailbox were you ultimately want messages to arrive at. Then when callers hit voice mail to leave a message for mailbox:A the message would end up in mailbox:B with no needed intervention by the caller.

1.Log into CallPilot manager
2.Go to the mailbox were you want the messages to end up (mailbox:b)
3.Under DNs enter the Extension DN of the mailbox you want forwarded (mailbox:A).
4.All messages left for mailbox:A will now go to mailbox:B.

The only catch is you wont be able to do this if its just for temporary purposes. The Extesion DN can't be entered if another mailbox already exists with the same DN. you'd have to delete Mailbox:A from the system and rebuild them later when you want messages to route back to that mailbox.

Another option is to set up MWI DN (message waiting indication).
1.Log into CallPilot manager
2.Go to the mailbox were you want the messages to end up (mailbox:B)
3.Under MWI DNs check the enable box to the right and enter the Extension DN of the mailbox you want forwarded (mailbox:A).
4.When a message is left at mailbox:A the MWI light will light up on the phone for mailbox:B.
5.To receive the message the user would have to log into the mailbox:A instead of theirs (mailbox:B).

?Clear as mud?

Hope that helps.

Mick,

Thats an issue. We use the CallPilot as our Saleforce Vmail system and most of this would be temporary as sales people go on vacation and they would cover for each other. I only delete the mailbox when the Sales Rep has been terminated or they resigned.

Prflash

build a sdn with the ext. of the phone that you want to go to someone elses mailbox pointing to a express messaging block set to transfer to the specific mailbox you want. sdn takes precedence over mailboxes when a call goes to mail.

I was wondering if that could be done. Thats How I would do it in the Avaya environment. Thanks

Prflash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back