Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FORUM WITH COLDFUSION 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexfusion

Programmer
Feb 5, 2001
AR
Hello friends!
I know that this question is very big,but I will try to ask as simple as I can.
I need to built a simple forum with ColdFusion(certainly not like this excellent forum!) for a web site.
In short,anyone enters his/her questions,and of course anyone else will reply(I hope).Nothing more.
Could anyone give a good clue about where to start for building a simple forum?
As you can see this is the first time I will try to face this task.
Thank you for your excellent support.
Help is very much appreciated!!!!!!!

Alejandro

mixale@hotmail.com

Well, you can go to Allaire's website into the Developers Exchange, and there you will find some discussion boards you can download. Some items are free, others, there is a charge for. What I did, (before I knew about the Developers Exchange) was modify the code in the example programs that came when I downloaded the evaluation version of Cold Fusion Studio. It included a discussion board, which I modifed to my purposes. I used it as a framework, added my own graphics, and added multiple forums that the users could define. Hope this helps! :)

I have written a forum that doesn't use either the "Allaire Forums" look nor the UBB-like format (at least not by default).

If you want a look-see, go to
I will be releasing this app probably this upcoming weekend.

It uses Access but could be ported to SQL Server (which I will do at some point). "Unclean beast! Get thee down! Be thou consumed by the fires that made thee!" - Brother Jacobus in Dragonslayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back