Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

samato

Technical User
Apr 26, 2003
US
I am trying to creat an Excel document that DOES NOT increment the cells referenced in a formula each time a row or coumn is added on the other sheet that the formula references. Ideas?

Could you be more specific?

Have you tried using absolute row references?

You must be INSERTING rows, not just appending data to the bottom of your table, YES?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...
Small Medium at Large[tongue][/sub]

Correct, rows are being added, not just appended. I have tried using absolute row references.

"Correct, rows are being addedINSERTED, not just appended. I have tried using absolute row references."

And...

Please describe in detail what is happening and what you intend to happen. Give an example. Post your formula. etc etc.

Pleas be clear, concise and complete.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] When a diminutive clarvoyant had disappeared from detention, headlines read...

I have two worksheets within the workbook. The first sheet is receiving data from an Access macro and the lines are apparently being inserted. The second sheet refers to the cells in the first sheet which I want to remain static but as rows are added to sheet one the formulas are being incremented by 1.

I want Access to add as many rows as neccessary to Sheet#1 but I do not want this action to affect the formulas in sheet#2

Ahhh, yes.

I query data often, AND have formulas referencing the data as it changes location in the input sheet.

You must use LOOKUP functions and not static references.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back