Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formulas Ribbon with clearing Name Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnsolvedCoding

Technical User
Jul 20, 2011
US
This is a new one for me and something that was just discovered with our main workbook.

Worksheets will sometimes get copied over to the main workbook. However this can create names in the name manager and recording a macro didn't offer any light on how to remove all the names. Since I don't know the names, and can't know the names because they are based on future job numbers its a problem.

What code is there that would remove all the names from the name manager so we don't link to workbooks that are of no relevance?

It has taken me a while to make sense of what I hear at work involving computers. There is much talk of bugs and questions about Raid.
Therefore I have come to the logical conclusion that the only way to have a properly functioning computer is to regularly spray it with Raid bug killer.

Hi,

[pre]
Dim nm As Name, ws As Worksheet

For Each nm in ActiveWorkbook.Names
nm.Delete
Next

For each ws in ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
For Each nm in ws.Names
nm.Delete
Next
Next

[/pre]

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Thanks Skip!

It has taken me a while to make sense of what I hear at work involving computers. There is much talk of bugs and questions about Raid.
Therefore I have come to the logical conclusion that the only way to have a properly functioning computer is to regularly spray it with Raid bug killer.

I just called you a name, but my procedure deleted it😜

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back