Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula to suppress groups based on parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystaldev1

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
Hello,

I'm using CR2008 and Oracle DB. I have a report with 3 groups. I would like to create a formula to suppress the groups based on a paramter. This is simple to do by going to section expert for each group and putting a formula under suppress with something like {?Suppress}="Suppress_A". The tricky part is I would like to create one formula to be used for all 3 groups so that the same formula can be used for all 3 groups in section expert. For example, parameter has 3 values: Suppress_A, Suppress_B, Suppress_C. If Suppress_A is selected, suppress GF3. If Suppress_C is selected, suppress GF1. Creating one formula would help us maintain the report better in the future. Thanks.

Are you saying you need a formula that notes which group it has been called from and reacts accordingly? I'm not aware of any such option.

You could have a single formula field that holds the parameter field, if that helps.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

is there any way to determine the current group level if there are multiple groups?

So what formulas would I need to determine the current group? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back