Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula to determine out put of parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

robercr12

Programmer
Aug 11, 2009
US
Hi,

I am using Crystal v10.

I have seen this thread in the FAQ's

(Displaying parameters chosen using a formula)- that is displaying whatever the user has chosen. This i am able to use.

Now I want to display the output for the chosen parameter. -- Let me explain what exactly that means:

Building: 1600 Pennsylvania ave
Floor: 2,3,7,9
Rooms: 2A, 3B, 5C
Occupancy: YES
Date Range: 6/2009 to 10/2009

So the user has chosen the above parameters and specified what they are looking for. But not all rooms in all floors are occupied, so the report will show only some rooms etc but not all the rooms the user has specified ---> this is the output I am looking for.

Is there a formula to find out what that output is?

Thanks
bob

lbass

you had earlier mentioned:

"If you place the display formula in the page footer, it will only show -------- Because of this, the results are only accurate in footer sections. If you want to display the same info, but in a report header section, you would need to insert a crosstab as mentioned earlier. It doesn't make sense to place a crosstab in a group header section in this case as the results would only reflect those values represented in the group--not the entire report."

------> the results are only accurate in footer sections.

what about putting it in * page header section -- I know you said it cannot be put in report header.

But can the formula be modified to show it in *page* header?

Thanks
Vijay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back