Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thant

Technical User
Dec 31, 2007
US
Greetings,
I have a group of formulas that use on a specific report group. I have CR2008 12.1.6 (non enterprise)and my question is this:
Is there any way other than a word document listing to quickly import this set of formulas from one report to another. I have a list of 8 formulas that(most of them are Case statements) I will always need with this specific database but since im not the DBA I was wondering if there is a means to store them somehow.
This may be a silly question but I figured I would ask
Thanks in advance

the easiest way i think would be to have a report that just contained your formulas, and when you start a new report, just copy/paste them from the storage report into the new report.

You could always try a clipboard manager like OrangeNote:
That program can store any number of text strings for later retrieval, it is even searchable

or use Autohotkey to create a macro to paste your formulas via a hotkey that you would want. It is fairly easy to create simple macros that paste text and send key commands.

A simple strip down program that uses autohotkey to allow for simple text storage and pasting is called Texter. It uses a GUI to create the macros for pasting text and sending key strokes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back