Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula stops working on summary task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwschiek

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
US
Hi:

I had created a project plan which used custom date fields in a formula for each task (an executive dashboard kind of thing with graphical indicators to show which tasks are started, not yet started, on schedule, over schedule, etc.). It was working just fine until I started adding subtasks and the original task became a summary task.

Now the formulas no longer work in the summary tasks. They continue to work properly in the sub tasks. Why would they have stopped working? They are still looking at the same field for evaluation, but now the field is a summary field. Why doesn't work any more?

I am using Project 2000.

Thanks!

Nevermind, just found out what I was doing wrong:

In the Customize Fields window, I needed to select the radio button "Use Formula" under "Calculation for task and group summary rows". Now the formulas work as desired.

Ya' learn something new everyday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back