Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula for variable with conditions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwhager

IS-IT--Management
Jun 8, 2000
US
If someone could help me with this formula I would really appreciate it. I need to define a variable Y that sums the values from general ledger periods only for a certain group of GL accounts. The value of Y changes depending on the GL period. So what I want is:
if {?Period} = 12 then Y:= {GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_1}+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_2}
+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_3}+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_4}+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_5}+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_6}
+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_7}+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_8}+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_9}+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_10}
+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_11}+{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_12}

BUT I NEED TO ADD that I only need these values when the {GL-ACCT}[7 to 10]='4000' to '9999'. I cannot do
if {?Period} = 12 and {GL-ACCT}[7 to 10]='4000' to '9999' then Y:= ..... because I need this value later in another circumstance and the formula will return 0 in the other circumstance.

Any help would be appreciated.

that isn't a problem

@calc

WhilePrintingRecords;
numberVar Yvalue := 0;
numberVar Xvalue := 0;

if {?Period} = 12 then
Yvalue:= {GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_1} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_2} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_3} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_4} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_5} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_6} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_7} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_8} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_9} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_10} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_11} +
{GLCGLMS.GL_ACCT_PRY_VAL_12};

If {GL-ACCT}[7 to 10] in '4000' to '9999' then
Xvalue := Yvalue
else
Xvalue := 0;

There now you have both values preserved for further use. If you want to display a result of Xvalue with this formula just place this at the end

Xvalue;

hope this helps

Jim Broadbent

Thanks for the help. It got me pointed back in the right directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back