Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula for two subreports to give grand total

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrichelle

MIS
Apr 16, 2007
US
Hi,

Using Crystal 8.0.1.0. Windows XP. I have taken a existing report and which has 2subreports. The subreports each have subtotals. Is there a formula that will add two of the subreports to get a grandtotal onto the main report? In other words, I would like to sum the two subreports to show a total on the main report. I have tried to create other subreports to get this data but it is not working for me. Tried, running total, summaries, and grand total but nogo.

Thanks!

You need to write a formula with a shared variable in the subreport to pass this total to the main report.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

You place a formula setting the subtotal to a shared variable in each subreport and then reference the shared variables in a formula in the main report to sum them. It would help to know in what main report sections each subreport is located, and whether you want them summed at the same level or at different group levels or at the report level.

-LB

Note that values from a subreport shared variable can only be used in sections below the section that contains the subreport.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks. You all have given good advice. This works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back