Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula for data represented in chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parahall

Programmer
Jul 4, 2010
IL
Hi :) I need a help.

I have a two columns.
One of them is the time in mileseconds(sys_up_time). And one is just string that represent same time but as string (13 days, 4 hours,23 minutes etc). ( Attached screenshot from DB)
I need to build chart that will represent for each day the time(uptime_duration).
Because it string i put sys_up_time like counter.

The question is: If there is any way to translate data that represented in chart from number(sys_up_time) to string format? (x days, x months... etc) .
i can`t find and place to put formula for this :)

thanks for you help :)

As its a chart exact times are irrelevant. Create another formula that represents days as fractions.
13 days, 4 hours,23 minutes becomes 13.18

ie just divide sys_up_time by the number of milliseconds in a day and then chart off that formula.

Ian

Ian,
thank you for your try

but

there is no problem to write formula that will parse from number to string. But where i put this formula? there is no place in chart options to put formula on displaying data of chart.

Your sample report does not show a chart so not clear what you want, I thought you just wanted to chart days on Y axis against something on X axis.

So not sure what you want to see, please give more details.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back