Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula exported from Crystal to Excel not returning Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerriO

Technical User
Jan 9, 2002
US
I have a report that is using a simple formula if the criteria is met from one table (doc name and status) then return the date. The information comes back perfectly in Crystal but when I try to export it to an excel sheet regardless of the excel version (max version is 8.0 extended) I am getting a long number for all of the fields whether there should be a date or not. I have formatted the date and still cannot come up with a solution for this problem. Please help! Terri Mimbs

This belongs in the crystal reports formula forum, not the certifications forum. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Format the Crystal date field as '3/1/99' instead of '03/01/1999' or anything else and then export it to excel. You'll get the correct date-formatted field in excel that appears as '3/1/1999'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back