Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

formula editor - can't see Field Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxenberg

Programmer
Jul 1, 2002
US
I somehow set the xpos/ypos attributes of the field tree window of the formula editor to negative values and as a result I can no longer see this panel in the editor. I know they are negative values because I can see them in the registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Decisions\Crystal Reports Designer Component\vsnet\Dialogs\Bar State-Bar3
xPos and yPos

However, simply changing their values here does not affect the UI, it seems VS must be reading those values elsewhere or using some other combination of settings.

Help.

Thanks
Phil

There are 3 toolbar buttons on the top of the formula editor that turn the three panes on and off. This should bring it back. Then you have to make sure the 'allow docking' is set on so that you can put it back into place. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Ken,

I'm aware of the three buttons that control visibility of the panes, all 3 are "on". Please tell me more about "allow docking", where is this controlled from? The other two panes are docked.

Thanks
Phil

Right click in the middle of a pane to see the option 'allow docking'. Of course if the pane isn't visible you can't control this. Maybe your pane became undocked and is off to the side? Can you shut the other panes off and back on with the tool bar buttons?. If you have gotten the registry out of what you might need to do a reinstall. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Ken,

As I mentioned in my first posting, the registry has the x and y positions of the Field Tree set to negative values, which is why this pane is not visible. However, the app must be doing something more than merely reading in those two values since it doesn't seem to read them in, but does in fact overwrite those values back with the negative numbers when I close the app. What I need is someone who understands how CR.NET is using the registry to save/restore state. Ini files perhaps?

Thanks
Phil

Sorry, I didn't notice you were in VS.NET.

I do know that CR updates the registry only when it closes. Maybe you could try closing the app, and then setting the values in the registry and see if it changes on a reopen.

You might also try posting this in the Integration forum. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Ken,

Thanks, I tried that. I will try the integration forum, good idea.

Phil

solved by copying registry settings from working environment to my corrupt one.
these would be the registry settings for the Field Tree under
Software\Crystal Decisions\Crystal Reports Designer Component\vsnet\Dialogs\Bar State-Bar2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back