Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

formula at end to auto print 2 copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

162ndMgr

Technical User
Aug 7, 2013
US
How can I input at the end of a report (or actually a letter) code to repeat the whole report if printed? For example, when we print a report/letter, it will print 2 copies without having to enter the print dialog box to do this?
And...how can I program it to print the report or letter and load and print another report or letter automatically?

You can't do this from within a report. Crystal doesn't have this functionality. Users would just have to know to print two copies of the report.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

See list of 3rd-party Crystal Reports Desktop Schedulers at At least one of these tools should be able to automate this process for you (including using a Crystal formula to control the number of print copies).

- Ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Or the way that I have done (if I understand you correctly) is basically have two copies of the report in the design.

I agree with kray4660, and this is what I have done.

You could also create a dummy table that would accept a given parameter and cross reference a number of copies on that table. When you join to that table, you could have the number of records repeat for your cross-reference, which would essentially duplicate your report that many times. Sounds convoluted, but it's pretty simple.

Thank you all for the replies. I am not a programmer and am only beginning to learn some of the functionality of CR. It is built into our management software and we have letters that print up. Each time we print them it logs into the customer file that a letter of that type was printed. We wanted to find a way to print 2 copies so it only showed one printing in the file. One for mailing and one for the file cabinet. We also have a letter that has 3 pages and we wanted to get it to print all three pages without having to go back into the program and print each individually. That's why we wanted to come up with a method to print multiple pages from one letter. (or report) I will need to find a way to add the additional page or a copy of it into the first so it will print two pages. "kray4660" is on the same track we wanted to do but can't seem to get ours to incorporate into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back