Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula and cross tab shuts down CR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cristianivanoff

Technical User
Nov 13, 2006
SE
Hello all,
I have a cross tab with string fields in both rows and columns.
Rows are {global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth}(string looks like: 8 Mbit/s) and the summarized field I have this formula:
Code:
if right({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth},6)="Kbit/s" then
tonumber(mid({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth},1,length({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth})-6))/1000
else if right({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth},6)="Mbit/s" then
tonumber(mid({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth},1,length({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth})-6))
else if right({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth},6)="Gbit/s" then
tonumber(mid({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth},1,length({global_comp_pivot.Bandwidth})-6))*1000
else 0
This works fine as a SUM. But if I want to 'Show percentage of total' it makes CR to crash.

What am i doing wrong?

Any suggestions to do this or solve my prlem is appreciated

I use CR 9.

BR Cristian

Just wondering if you ever solved this problem? It has happened to me today.

I used to have problems when using SQL expressions in 8.0 crosstabs, where changing the summary from a sum to a maximum caused CR to crash. But if I changed the summary in preview mode, all was OK. You might want to try adding the summary as a sum initially, and then go to preview mode and then select the percentage. Not sure it will help, but it might.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back