Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaushik1975

Programmer
Jul 8, 2001
IN
Hello
I want to make a application, in which u provide the project name and it will populate a combo with the names of the forms in it
Is this possible

Bye

Yes it is. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

John Fill u said it is possible, i think u must be knowing how to it, Please can u give the code or give the site where i can find it

Thank u for replying
Bye

All tghe information on what is in projectname.clw file. projectname is the name of your project. Look in other files also, such as .dsw, .dsp, .plg and you could see there all the settings. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

Hello John Fill
Thanks again for replying. But i think from the file extension, that u talking about VC++ and i want it in VB. Sorry for the trouble

Bye

In VB each form has a separate file with extension .frm as I rememner. See where you put your project. Also see files .vbw wnd .vbp John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

Kaushik1975,
If you open a VB projects' .vbw file from another application, as long as you have naming conventions for your forms( frmForm1 look for the 'frm'), you should have no problem stepping through the file and capturing what you need.

''example of .vbw
'form
frmSplash = -5, 210, 702, 826, , 29, 206, 736, 822, C
'form
frmMain = -5, 210, 702, 826, , 29, 206, 736, 822, C
'module
modGlobals = -5, 210, 702, 826, , 29, 206, 736, 822, C

Thank u woyler
Thank u for replying. But what i understand from is that u r telling me to parse the the file and get the form names. But i was thinking is there a Project object in VB which i can use and from the object get the collection of forms, modules, classes. Do u have a idea of this

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back