Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms with dropdown of more than 100,000 records

Status
Not open for further replies.

w11z

Programmer
Mar 26, 2001
CA
Hello everyone,

I have to work with someone else's Access database. On the form, there is a dropdown menu refering to a table with more than a 100,000 records (almost all the high schools and universities in the world). You can see that it is a bit heavy to work with. What would be the best way to manage this dropdown menu?? Hope you can help me find ways of making this Access DB more efficient. Thanks

How are ya w11z . . .

Have a look here: faq702-6304

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Thanks for the response AceMan1, but the ComboBox already have that feature (without having to code anything) As you type in letters, it fills itself with the rest of the word. For example if you type in U, the rest will find anything that starts with U. But still, it makes for a heavy way to manage the info. I could separate the info by country but the records are not associated with a country. Any other suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back