Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms Textboxs and Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripharn

Programmer
Sep 4, 2002
AU
Hi, I'm new to Access and I am having a bit of trouble.

I have a form with a combobox, and a sub-form with a textbox. The textbox in the subform changes as the combobox does. Since the info in the textbox has nothing to with the information in the combobox I wrote another query to fill in the textbox in the subform.

BUT!, everything I run the main form the Textbox just states #name? which I assume means that the query can't get the info out of the combobox to run. Also, the query can have multiple rows so how do I select which row is to be but in the textbox?

I have only 1 Access book and it is pretty vague about how to do things. Is there a good website around that shows this sort of stuff?

Thanks in advance.
Tripharn

Could you be a little more specific on what you are trying to accomplish?

basically, I have a query....when it is run I want it to fill in textboxs. Query will have multiple rows and I want to able to select which row and column to get the data out of for each textbox.

If I can get it to do that...I think I should be able to figure the rest out.

Thanks
Tripharn

When you create the form with the wizard it will give you choices on what to build your form on, in a drop down box. Just select your query and the wizard will take you through the steps to creat the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back