Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms Screen Size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dummy99

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
FR
I developed my Access applications on a Laptop. When I transfer them to PCs, which have lager screens, forms are still the Laptop screen size.

Is there a way to have forms automatically adjust to the screen size in use?

Thanks,
Dummy99

I don't know if this is what you are looking for or not...

Try to put this in the form_load() event:

DoCmd.Maximize

so it looks like:

Private Sub Form_Load()
DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub

If you are want something different to happen, please be more specific.

HTH!

-Brad

Hi Brad,

No it's not the Maximize. I already use that and it's fine when I'm on my Laptop. When the forms get opened, they blow-up to the size of my Laptop screen.

When I transfer/install my application on a PC which has a bigger screen than my Laptop, the Maximize blows-up the forms but still only to the size of my Laptop's screen and not to the size of the PC's screen. It only takes up the top left portion of the PC screen.

e.g.,
PC Screen (x = form):
------------------------
Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I
Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I
Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I
Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I
Ixxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I
I I
I I
------------------------

I really don't know what more info I can provide.
Perhaps you could give specific questions.

Thanks
Dummy99

Short answer is no you can't. There are various controls for vb that do this, the results all tend to look a bit weird.
You could do it yourself on form load. Shuffle everything around so the screen is filled. But it is a load of coding, and still look weird with big gaps all over the place. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

Thanks Peter!
I'll stop trying.
Dummy99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back