Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike20000

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
US
I made the mistake of creating a form using FP. I haven't put my page on-line yet, but am testing it from my hard drive. I set the form to send my results to my e-mail address, but when I hit the submit button, I get the following error message: "Netscape is unable to find the file or directory named /Cl/. . ./--Webbot-Self. Check the name and try again." I have a cable modem and links on my site to sites on the web work. Does anyone know what this means and what I'm doing wrong. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Mike

Mike,

After wrestling with forms longer than I should have, I realized that Front Page stinks for generating forms. Check the FAQ's on this forum and browse some of the other questions. You'll find your answers there, this has come up often.

Jon Holmen

FP forms are fairly basic - but for a basic website they work. The FP form that sends an e-mail will only work from a Server that has the full FP extensions installed (some ISP's don't install all the extensions - esp the e-mail ones - speak to your ISP/web host about this). This form will NOT work on your local PC (unless you have a Webserver installed with full extensions).

HTH

Patrick

Yea, you have to consult your ISP. Form creation on FP was easy enough, but my ISP wasnt set up for forms on my website.

I've had so many questions at my site regarding forms that I've set up an alternate way to deal with them. Not only because it takes me too long to fix forms on a server I don't have access to but also because many people don't have servers that will work with FP forms.

You can now create some very sophisticated forms (and quizzes, contests and polls) by using the FormMaker at
I've added a tutorial to it especially for FP users so that they can make the form page match the rest of their site.

It's free (of course)and open to all.

Bunni Dot Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back