Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forms printing concepts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMac

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
CA
OK... I am about to develop an on-line financial system that generates checks, receipts, and the like. I am planning to do it in PHP / MySQL. Now the thing that I don't know is how do I generate a formatted report (like a check run) that will be printable on stock forms like an accounting office might use? There are many kinds of ways to generate the report and I know how to do that in PHP, but how do I make the report easily line up with a printer's dimensions (send page breaks for a short page, etc). I haven't played with it yet so maybe its easy, but I don't really know where to start... any help appreciated.

Peter

well looks like I get to answer my own question... I had a friend point me in the PDFlib direction. I am looking into it now... check out their web site at...
cheers,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back