Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms not providing results if one table has no data

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchim32

MIS
Oct 25, 2002
US
I am using 6 tables and have built relationships to each. I've created a form that pulls the data but when I perform a search and the data is in all but one table, it tells me that no data was found. I would like to know how I can perform the search and have it return the data that it has in the other tables. Anyone know how this can be done. Any assistance is appreciated.

TIA,

Jeff

I think you are using Inner joins to link the tables.Can you post your query ?
Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!
This makes the post more visible to others in need!

Thanks for the reply. It's not a query, its a form with relationships that I have established. Here is an example:
Table 1 has Building ID (which is used as the common link between all tables) and several other colums. Tables 2-6 also have this info but if the building ID is not found in table 6, it returns nothing found in my search. What I want is for the search to return the information it has in tables 1-5. If it can't find the Building ID in table 6, return no data in those fields.

Thanks,

Jeff

I didn't understand your answer above. But How you are searching, using a Serach Form ? Please remember to give helpful posts the stars they deserve!
This makes the post more visible to others in need!

Yes, it's a form. I am using this form to search for the data. The data is spread across 6 different tables. If one of the tables does not contain the common information (Building ID), it returns nothing at all. I would like to have it at least return the information from the other 5 tables. Perhaps I need to approach this differently, maybe I need to create a query and build the form based on the query?? I am using the form so I can pull the data into and populate a WORD doc.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back