Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forms, calculations and php using xml

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlinemartin

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
GB
If anyone can help I would be really grateful.

I am looking to create a webpage with a series of drop down lists that create a cost estimator. I want the drop downs to take their contents from an xml file. Once the customer has chosen there products a total value calculation needs to be actioned (from the results in the lists). I have resorted to xml as I do not want to use a database, and know that I can use php to write simple interface to update the xml file. I am currently researching x:forms and x:calc.

If anyone has any ideas, or a better way of doing this please help.

P.S I am relatively new to xml/xhtml.

Cheers

Martin

I am trying to do a similar thing - did you have any luck working out how to do it?

I am trying to generate a list of checkboxes from an XML page and then pass these over to the next page in a form.

On the receiving page I need to be able to request the inputs and use them to query (or filter) the XML.

I have been trying to use PHP, XML and XSL but it appears you need additional PHP features like Sabloron.

Is there an easier way to do this???

Thanks for your help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back