Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms and relationships 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckbieber

Technical User
Sep 9, 2004
US
I am a new user with Access. I took the classes in college but never actually had to use it until now and I'm having some problems with my data I'm inputing in my form and my table. Can someone help me? Do I need to create relationships in order for the information to go from the form to the table? I only have one table and one form.

Then no relationship is required.

You can probably just use the form wizard, and specify your table and get what you want.

ChaZ

"When religion and politics ride in the same cart...the whirlwind follows."
Frank Herbert

You can also define the form's Source in the Properties, Data, ControlSource (or something like this, I don't know exactly, I'm using the french version)...

Have fun... :)

I ran the wizard but when I fill out a new record I thought the data would transfer to the table and it's not.

After you fill in the record on the form, save the record either by moving to a different record, or by closing the form. Or by selecting save record from the menu.

If you look at the table while the form has the record open as a new record, it's not saved yet, and you won't see it on the table.

Hopefully that's the problem.

ChaZ

Frank Herbert

Thank you so much! I'm not sure what I did different this time because I did save it before and try going back into the table but this time it worked. One more question if you don't mind, do you know a good place to get help with reports, I need this table to create formulas and I need to be able to do queries, but like I mentioned it's been a couple of years since I played around with this. Any suggestions would be great!

Well, the report wizard is pretty good, but if you need calculations, it's best to use a query (I think anyway)

If you are looking for a refresher or what not, on a specific topic, you can always search through the tek-tip faq's. There is lots of neat stuff there.

There are lots of books out there also. Personally, I found great value in Que's access books.

ChaZ

Frank Herbert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back