Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms and Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanster

Technical User
Sep 11, 2003
GB
Hiya,

I am currently designing a DB at work, i have done the majority of it but i have one final (and very annoying problem).

I have a sersies of forms setup and i was wondering whether there is anyway that you can have a message box that will pop up asking the user if they want to enter more data into that table or close it and move on to the next table?

Any help on this would be very welcome

Beanster

Hi

To popup a message box and ask a user whether they want to do one thing or another, get their response and react accordingly,

response = msgbox("Do you wish to continue to next form", VBYESNO, "Message Title")
If response = vbYes then
' Do this
Else
' Do that
End If

but the question arising from your post is which event does the message need to be triggered by? Every time they change a record is the forms Current event, when they close the form use the Form Close event etc.

Good luck
Steve

Hiya,

If you are using Access, consider placing the forms as subforms in a tab form. This allows the user to move on from data entry to data entry for a current activity.

For example, say you have a contact / scheduling / sales database. On the header, you would have the user name. On one "page" or tab, you would have the mailing and phone information. On another, general info. On a third page, you can have details on scheduled sales contact meetings. On another, you could add sales info.

If this is a survey type of form, the pages or tabs could be numbered in sequence of events to step the user through the process "1 - General", "2 - Personal" type of thing.

I have found using the tab form really useful for this type of thing where a lot of supporting tables reference back to a primary table. It is fairly easy to add security too by making a tab page invisible if the person does not have adequate security.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back