Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms and Field Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGS2003

Technical User
Jun 5, 2003
GB
I am DESPERATELY seeking some help on this problem:

Within a protected form document I have a two form fields, labelled a1 and b1. I want to perform a percentage calculation using these fields, so have placed this code in the document:

{ =(b1/a1)*100 }

The primmary problem is that it won't update when I type new data into a1 and b1, and because it is a protected form I can't get it to update using F9.

The secondary problem is that if a1 is 0, or has no value, the error message !ZERO DIVIDE appears. Is there any way to do a percentage calculation DYNAMICALLY that will never result in this error message appearing?

I'd REALLY appreciate any thoughts on this folks ...

I'm guessing that logic operators are allowed in these fields:
{ =if(A1=0,"",(b1/a1)*100) }
Don't work in word much tho so can't really suggest anything for the 1st question

Rgds
Geoff
Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Okay - that was sort of helpful (can't get the second part to actually CALCULATE the percentage). Does anyone else know ANYTHING about this?! Please ... ??

Curious if you found a way to get the update portion of this to work. I've been playing around with a similar problem. The only thing I have found is to unlock, update the calculations, then re-lock. Way to much work.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back