Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms 6i changing filesize and destroying forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avaatar

Programmer
Jan 10, 2005
DE
Hello all,

i have a strange behauvior, which makes me go nuts slowly. Im programming Forms 6i, and often i have the problem, that after i saved a form, the filesize(of the source) change dramatically, and the form is destroyed. I am compiling that form then, and when i run the compiled file, i get many many many errors, like pre-item trigger failed, and so on, many different ones. When i take an old version of that source, unmodified, and compile it and use it, it works very well.
I did not check if it happens if i delete content from the form, but it happens when i add content to the form, new triggers, etc. The filesize can then go from 2,4mb to 1,3mb or so.
The change in filesize is happening now very often, and its impossible for me to work with that. Because even for simple changes i need sometimes hours, because form always destroys the source.
Below are the version numbers i have installed:

Forms [32 Bit] Version 6.0.8.16.1 (Production)
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - 64bit Production
Oracle Toolkit Version 6.0.8.16.0 (Production)
PL/SQL Version 8.0.6.3.0 (Production)
Oracle Procedure Builder V6.0.8.15.0 Build #722 - Production
PL/SQL Editor (c) WinMain Software ( v1.0 (Production)
Oracle Query Builder 6.0.7.0.0 - Production
Oracle Virtual Graphics System Version 6.0.5.37.0 (Production)
Oracle Tools GUI Utilities Version 6.0.5.35.0 (Production)
Oracle Multimedia Version 6.0.5.34.0 (Production)
Integration der Oracle-Werkzeuge Version 6.0.8.16.0 (Production)
Oracle Tools Common Area Version 6.0.5.32.1
Oracle CORE Version 4.0.6.0.0 - Production

Does anyone have an idea, what to do against this behauvior?

I would suggest reinstalling your forms builder.

If you have uncompiled PL/SQL in your form the filesize of the FMB will be smaller than the equivalent FMB containing compiled PL/SQL code.

Another suggestion could be to do a compile all prior to saving the FMB. Also, try creating an FMT of the form as well for a backup. You can do this through File->Administration->Convert, then select binary-to-text.

Hi, thanks for your hints. My problem is, i cant reproduce this phenomen really. I reinstalled my whole system, no result. Now im working on a second computer, where this error happens too, but more rare. I think, it happens, if there some kind of "runtime error" in the form, or something else which dont fit really, but forms compile this source and save it. After pressing save 2 or 3 times, the form have the full size again.

Try updating to the latest patch (17) from the Oracle Metalink site. Your build of forms is only to patch 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back