Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

formmail.php problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fujiko

Programmer
Dec 23, 2001
PH
Hi, im php illiterate that's why i just downloaded formmail.php to a certain website thinking that it is easy enough to edit it. However the website suckz and the tutorials are all incomplete with missing tags. There are two files downloaded, formmail.php and an index.html file for the form. What i am having problems with is that, when i hit submit on my form, it goes directly to the .php file (where it should be) but, it doesnt redirect the page, so it shows up a default page. what i wanna happen is that after i click submit, it goes to the .php file to validate, and then after it is sent, i want to redirect automatically to the another page.

i got an html code for how to redirect, but where in the html code should i put that??
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;redirect&quot; value=&quot;
is it after the &quot;</form>&quot; tag?? i really need help pleasee... i wanna paste the source code of php as well as the index.html here but its quite long... please help me im so stupid when it comes to php =P

That would go inside the <form> tag, preferrably right after <form ...>. Its a good idea to keep all your hidden fields in one spot.

Take Care,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back