Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting question cr 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

majordog

Programmer
Jul 8, 2002
CA

Hey All,

I have a report with about six or seven sub-reports within it. Here's the thing, when I print, I end up with 7 pages for somehting that could fit on 3. I end up with blank space at the end of the page after each sub-report and the next sub report doesn't begin until the new next page. Is there any way that I can get them to print one after the other, even if the space left on the page isn't large enough to cover the size of the sub-report. I hope I have explained this well - it's actually not a very serious issue but very irritating!

Looking for feed back - thanks

Do you have extra, unused space that is not suppressed within your subreports? That could certainly contribute to this problem.

Also, do you have any "New Page Before" or "New Page After" properties set for any of the sections that contain the subreports? You can check this by opening the Section Expert, highlighting those sections, one at a time, and seeing if either of the two previously mentioned properties are set.

~Brian

Thanks for your reply:

No to any unused space NOT being suppressed - I verified each of them and the property settings are not enabled for either "New Page Before" or "New Page After". I have been wondering if the size of the sub-report and remaining space on a page is the problem. If the remaing page space will not hold the next sub-report in it's entirety, then it seems to me that it arbitrarily prints to a new page.. But, I should be able to alter that.. Any other suggestions?

Right click the subreport as it sits on the main report.
Choose Format subreport.
Under the Common tab, deselect "Keep Together".

How is your report set up? Are each of the subreports in their own section?
If they are in seperate sections, you may have the Keep Together option set in those sections.
You can check this by opening the Section Expert, highlighting those sections, one at a time, and see if the "Keep Together" property is set.

~Brian

Also go to format->format subreport->common and uncheck "Keep Object Together."

-LB

Thanks a lot everyone - your suggestions helped me solve this.

Big Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back