Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

simba327

MIS
Dec 4, 2002
US
I installed v. 11 on a Win2K box. I tried to set up my own rotation, but it wasn't working. I decided to go with the standard GFS rotation, so I deleted my media pools. Now I can't use any of the tapes from the original media pools to backup nor can I re-format them to be part of the new GFS pool. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the reply, but when I tried a "quick erase" ArcServe tells me that the "TAPE IS PROTECTED BY MEDIA MANAGEMENT" and the erase fails.

Thanks for the info, but that didn't work either. I have no tapes at all in the database (only my FS device is listed under the "Media"), but I still cannot format or erase any of the tapes. The error message is the same.

Update, I just looked at another post from a couple of weeks back. After deleting the record from the database, you must first exit ArcServe. I had to delete it twice and exit twice before it was actually gone. After that the erase worked great. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back